There are a lot of concerns when it comes to aging skin—and those concerns aren’t just isolated to women. If you have no idea where to start with your skincare routine or are having a difficult time deciding on what skin concern to tackle first, Doctor D. Schwab can help.
Typically, the signs of aging skin are pigmentation, dullness, fine lines and wrinkles. Even if you’re fortunate enough to not see any of these signs, you should still begin an age-defying skincare routine to stave them off. Your lifestyle and environment can give you a good indication as to what you should be targeting. For instance, while everyone is susceptible to wrinkles, spending time under sunny skies usually leads to an increased chance of pigmentation (or sun spots), while colder regions tend to cause dull skin.
Whether or not aging skin has yet to become an issue, now is the time to invest in an age-defying skin care routine. To see results, each aging issue should be addressed in specific ways.
Pigmentation, also known as sun spots or age spots, can stem from an extensive buildup of sun exposure. Over time, the rays destroy the pigment-forming cells of skin and create the issue of uneven skin tone. If you live somewhere warm and sunny, pigmentation could be one of the first signs of aging you see (along with wrinkles, which are also caused by sun exposure).
Sunscreen is absolutely necessary, whether you are already noticing age spots or have yet to have to deal with pigmentation issues. If you have sun spots, there are several products within Doctor D. Schwab’s Brightening collection that will specifically address your pigmentation concerns:
- Start your routine with Grapefruit Cleanser, which uses a unique blend of grapefruit peel oil, pineapple extract, green tea extract, and lactic acid to gently cleanse, remove dead skin, brighten complexion, and leave you with a more even-looking skin tone.
- After cleansing, apply Alphasomes® C-8 Flawless Skin Brightening Serum. It uses peptides, oat protein, and extracts to boost moisture, fight environmental damage, and brighten and improve skin’s clarity.
- Finish off your routine with a brightening moisturizer. Ginkgo Moist is a lightweight yet powerful moisturizer with fruit-derived Lactic Acid that helps reduce the appearance of pigmentation. For ultimate brightening power, use Light Skin™ Renewal Moisturizer. Its blend of brightening, age-defying peptides and naturally-derived hexylresorcinol is Doctor Schwab’s #1 weapon against hyperpigmentation for a brighter, more even-looking complexion.
Men and women who live in drier areas usually experience constantly dry skin, which can lead to a duller looking complexion (and older looking skin). If your skin isn’t moisturized, it’ll lack the glow associated with a youthful skin tone. To get rid of dullness and keep your skin looking fresh, use products that exfoliate and hydrate.
- After you cleanse, use a serum as an added layer of hydration under your moisturizer. G.S. Ginkgosome® serum, specifically, uses advanced age-defying ingredients in a concentrated formula to fight signs of aging while soaking in extra moisture.
- Just because you’re adding a serum to your routine, doesn’t mean your moisturizer is any less important. AM/PM Moisturizer has a rich blend of oils, natural antioxidants, vitamins, and extracts designed to hydrate and soften extremely dry skin.
- Keeping your skin well hydrated will reduce the appearance of dullness and flakiness. However, using an exfoliator like the Bamboo Cream Peel is essential because it gently removes the dead skin cells from your face, revealing the fresher, brighter skin underneath.
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Regardless of what type of environment or climate you live in, you’re going to end up getting fine lines and wrinkles; it’s something that happens to everyone. The Essentials Set is Doctor D. Schwab’s comprehensive age-defying program, focusing on all areas of aging skin, including wrinkles. If you want to target wrinkles more intensively, you can enhance your routine with:
- Super Repair CoQ10 Moist uses grape stem cell extract, peptides, and the highest level of active Coenzyme Q10 to fight the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and improve overall skin tone and texture.
- The eye area is where most people start to see wrinkles first. To keep it looking youthful, Eye Intensive Moist uses apple stem cell extract, a proven natural ingredient to reduce the depth of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes. This cream can also be used to fight fine lines around the lips.
When you’re trying to avoid the signs of aging, products with natural ingredients are safer on your skin and can be used more efficiently by your body. Visit our blog for more tips and tricks for achieving younger-looking skin naturally.